A Dental Visionary
Dr. Armstrong is known for his friendly, easy-going, and comforting chair-side manner. Patients often discuss their dental needs with him and then share a personal issue they are experiencing with their children, a family member, or a health issue. Dr. Armstrong listens and provides an additional level of support and comfort.
This caring is seamlessly transferred to his personal life. Dr. Armstrong and his wife, Molly, are parents of 15 adopted children, whom they have also taken the time to home school and nurture to reach remarkable personal potential. The Armstrong’s strong Christian faith has made this possible, and they feel their mission is to help as many children as possible to have a better life thru Christian growth and understanding.
Dr. Armstrong begins each day with an hour drive into Charlotte, and a long prayer for his family, his “practice family” (that’s what Charlotte Dentistry® really is), for his patients and for his church family at Concord First Assembly. He truly believes in “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matthew 7:12).
Dr. Tom Armstrong has been a practicing dentist for 35 years. He is recognized as a visionary in the field, and has been instrumental in bringing in new equipment and procedures to benefit the patients of Charlotte Dentistry®.
Under his guidance, Charlotte Dentistry® has often been the first to offer new dental innovations to this region of North Carolina.
Dr. Armstrong trained as a cosmetic dentist, providing comprehensive full mouth reconstruction. After extensive training from numerous dental instructors associated with the American Orthodontic Society, he began practicing orthodontics over 20 years ago in the Charlotte dental office. He specializes in straight wire techniques, functional jaw orthopedics, Teen Invisalign and Invisalign (the virtually invisible alternative to metal braces).
In fact, Dr. Armstrong and the Charlotte Dentistry® team have become so proficient with the Invisalign® system that he has been recognized by Align Technology as a TOP Elite Preferred Provider of Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® in the Southeast from 2007 thru 2012. Also, Align Technology announced that Dr. Armstrong is in the TOP 1% of all Invisalign® providers in the entire nation – quite an accomplishment!
The Charlotte Dentistry® team provides a safe comforting, compassionate environment for patients and an innovative, progressive practice that gives each patient his or her best possible smile. You can count on a greeting from the Charlotte Dentistry® team that is warm, friendly and welcoming as well as exceptional dental care from the dentist on staff at Charlotte Dentistry® and Dr. Tom Armstrong.
– Thomas W. Armstrong, DMD
- Doctor of Dental Medicine – Washington University Dental School
- Graduate – Washington University in St. Louis
- Undergraduate – BS in Finance from California State
- Practicing in Charlotte since 1977 with emphasis on Cosmetics and Orthodontics
- Thomas Armstrong, DMD is recognized by Align Technology as the TOP Elite Preferred Provider of Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® in the Southeast from 2007 – 2012 Also in the TOP 1% of ALL providers in North America!
Affiliations / Memberships
- American Academy of Functional Orthodontics
- American Orthodontic Society
- International Association of Orthodontic
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Association
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- American Academy of Pain Management
Areas of Expertise
- Invisalign® Elite Preferred Provider
- Invisalign Teen® Elite Preferred Provider
- Functional Jaw Orthopedics
- Neuromuscular Dentistry (TMJ)
- Comprehensive Cosmetic Dentistry
- Complete Smile Makeovers
- Married 38 years to Molly
- 15 Adopted Children
- Homeschool Teacher and Principal – graduated 8 children
- Former Naval Flight Officer in F-4 Phantom jet
Hobbies / Interests
- All kid things
- Radio controlled planes
- Four wheeling
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Armstrong today.