Charlotte Dentistry Dental Hygienist/Assistant & Humanitarian Scholarship
Amount: $2,000 award
Frequency: Awarded twice a year – once in the summer (for fall semester) and once in the winter (for spring semester)
Deadline/Award Date: Deadline of July 31st to be awarded on August 15th, and deadline of December 15th to be awarded on January 2nd each year.
Application: Click Here to apply now
About Charlotte Dentistry:
Charlotte Dentistry has been creating beautiful smiles in the Charlotte area for more than 36 years. Our office is designed for the comfort and caring of our family of patients, and we strive to meet all of their dental needs in one comfortable office. We make every effort to go out of our way to make sure our patients achieve their dream of a perfect smile.
At Charlotte Dentistry, we also believe in giving back to the community and helping others who are just starting their careers. We created this scholarship to show our appreciation for the future dental field work force and to make their pursuit of education and training more financially feasible.
The Charlotte Dentistry Dental Hygienist/Assistant & Humanitarian Scholarship honors those pursuing a degree or certification in the dental field that leads to a career as a dental hygienist or dental assistant.
The scholarship is awarded prior to every fall and spring semester and can be applied to the following semester’s tuition, books, exam fees, and other educational or career-training expenses.
Requirements & Eligibility:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 for the prior semester where applicable, or otherwise an academic status in “good standing” if GPA is not applicable
- Must be a full-time student pursuing a certification or degree in dental hygiene education, dental assistant or a related field at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Must have completed at least one year of dental hygiene or dental assistant curriculum
- Must apply the full amount of the scholarship towards tuition, books, training materials, and/or other costs directly associated with their education within 12 months of receiving the award
- Prior recipients of the award are not eligible for the award in subsequent years
Please submit the following materials listed below:
- Online Application (see below)
- A 500 to 800-word essay demonstrating how you plan to use this degree or certification in the dental field for the greater good beyond yourself. Examples include outreach activities, volunteerism, research initiatives, joining a global outreach health services organization, and other leadership activities – all related to the dental field. (submitted with application)
- OPTIONAL: Two letters of recommendation from a school’s faculty member, dean, or a person of equivalent rank. (submitted with application)
(Application form coming soon, please check back shortly)