Charlotte Dentistry Implants
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace tooth roots and provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. According to the ADA website, dental implants provide a patient with more options besides dentures and bridges. Charlotte Dentistry® recommends them to periodontal patients.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. They are an important tool in cosmetic dentistry.
- Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Because dental implants become part of you they eliminate discomfort from removable dentures.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself. They can be an important part of your smile makeover.
- Dental implants are convenient as opposed to messy process of removing your dentures and applying adhesives to keep your dentures in place.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
Anyone healthy enough to undergo a routine oral surgery can be considered for a dental implant. Patients should have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant. They also must be committed to good oral hygiene and regular visits to their general dentist.
If you are considering dental implants, contact Charlotte Dentistry® to see if they are right for you.