Tara S. Woodroof, DMD
Dr. Woodroof grew up in Aiken, South Carolina and earned her undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina. She enjoyed school and learning just about anything, especially math and science. While pursuing a degree in chemical engineering, she contemplated going to medical school. She shadowed several medical doctors, but it was the pediatric dentist that she shadowed that really struck her interest. She was excited for the hands on and artistic aspect that sets dentistry apart from other medical professions.
Dr. Woodroof went on to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston to get her DMD. She moved to Charlotte in 2010 and has worked at Charlotte Dentistry ever since. She is a member of the NC Dental Society, Charlotte Dental Society, and Charlotte Implant Study Club.
Dr. Woodroof loves working in a group practice where the dentists come together to share knowledge and support one another. She is always learning more about her profession and her patients. She likes forming a connection with each patient, and catering to their individual needs. She strives to provide painless dentistry and wants every patient to leave feeling like all their needs were met and questions answered. She takes a particular interest in cosmetic dentistry and treating children.
Dr. Woodroof has been married to her husband, Will since 2010. They have one son, Charlie, who was born in June 2016.
In her spare time, Dr. Woodroof likes to run and practice yoga. She is an avid Gamecock football fan. She loves reading and cooking healthy meals with her husband, Will. They have one dog, a Wheaten terrier named Ernie.
- Graduate – Medical University of South Carolina, College of Dental Medicine – 2010
- Undergraduate – University of South Carolina Honors College, B.S. in Chemical Engineering – 2006
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Charlotte Dental Society
- Charlotte Implant Study Club
- Originally from Aiken, South Carolina
- Married to her husband, Will. One son, Charlie.
- Delta Sigma Delta fraternity, MUSC of Dental Medicine
- Alpha Delta Pi sorority, University of South Carolina
Hobbies / Interests
- Cooking and Baking
- Spending time with Family and Friends
- USC Gamecocks and Carolina Panthers fan
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Woodroof today.