Dental veneers are one of our most popular cosmetic treatments, and it’s no wonder! This single treatment can make a dramatic smile transformation by changing the shape, size, and color of your teeth. They not only beautify your teeth, they strengthen them too. You’ll want to make the most of veneers, taking good care of them so they’ll last for years. Fortunately, it’s not too tough!
To see if you’re a good candidate for veneers, call Charlotte Dentistry at 704-285-0846 today for a FREE consultation. In the meantime, check out our tips for maintaining the beautiful appearance of veneers:
- Use a Gentle Touch When Brushing – Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste when brushing to avoid scratching the surface of veneers. Avoid pastes with abrasive ingredients like baking soda, for example. Don’t brush too vigorously; a gentle touch is enough to get your teeth clean.
- Protect Your Smile With a Mouthguard – Play sports? Wear a mouthguard to protect your veneers – and your other teeth too. If you grind your teeth and/or clench your jaw in your sleep, invest in a night guard so your smile won’t be damaged by these habits.
- Stop Smoking – There are lots of good reasons to quit smoking. One of them is to prevent the staining that gives your veneers a yellow look. While our veneers are stain resistant, nicotine use will negatively affect their appearance over time. While whitening treatments can lessen nicotine stains on natural teeth, they won’t work on veneers.
- Rinse After Meals – If you consume coffee, tea, tomato sauce, or other staining substances, rinse your mouth out with water afterward.
- Visit Us Regularly for Exams and Cleanings – Visit us at least twice a year for exams and cleanings. A professional cleaning will remove surface stains from veneers. An exam gives us a chance to make sure your veneers are in great shape. We can repair minor damage to veneers, such as small chips.
Call Charlotte Dentistry at 704-285-0846 to schedule your appointment in Charlotte, NC.