Root canal treatment doesn’t deserve its bad reputation. In fact, patients at Charlotte Dentistry say that our root canals in Charlotte are no more uncomfortable than getting a tooth filled. There are actually several benefits to a root canal procedure:
- It will stop your throbbing toothache, not cause you more pain.
- It will save your tooth from extraction in many cases.
- It will help prevent additional problems to your other teeth and your gums.
- It will prepare your diseased tooth for capping with a crown.
If you have a tooth that’s hurting you, call us now for an emergency appointment – we’ll get you in as soon as possible and offer sedation if desired. We’re open every weekday and have Saturday hours available.
Keep Your Damaged Tooth Intact With a Root Canal
When a tooth becomes badly infected in its interior part (known as the pulp), you can experience a great deal of pain. Not only is eating difficult, but merely relaxing or trying to sleep can be next to impossible. This infection could come from leaving a cavity untreated or from some type of damage.
In these situations, a root canal is often the best way to stop your pain and repair your tooth. Rather than extracting the tooth, which can lead to your other teeth shifting their positions and affecting your bite, root canal treatment removes the infected tissue and saves your tooth. Here’s what our team will do:
- We’ll administer a local anesthetic to make sure you don’t feel any discomfort.
- We’ll offer sedation options to help you relax – either inhaled sedation with laughing gas or oral conscious sedation in pill form.
- We’ll use special instruments to clean out the pulp and repair the canals inside the tooth.
- Your dentist will sanitize the tooth and seal it with a rubber-like material.
- In most cases, we’ll recommend capping your repaired tooth with a crown to strengthen it and restore your chewing capacity.