If you’ve been putting up with jaw pain, or if you hear popping or grating when you open and close your mouth, you could have TMJ problems. Our Charlotte TMJ treatment has helped many patients get relief, and we can do the same for you using a simple oral appliance. It will:
- Reduce or entirely eliminate your jaw pain
- Lessen tension in your neck and shoulders
- Make eating, talking, and yawning more comfortable
- Stop destructive teeth grinding
Get the help you need and deserve for your jaw problems! Call Charlotte Dentistry today at 704-285-0846 to schedule an appointment. For your convenience, we’re open on Saturdays.
Say Goodbye to TMJ Symptoms
If your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) become irritated or inflamed, they can cause you a great deal of pain. These complex joints make it possible to open and close our mouths for everyday activities like talking, eating, laughing, and even singing. Researchers aren’t certain of all the causes of TMJ irritation, although we know that a custom oral appliance will help relieve the symptoms.
Here’s how our TMJ therapy works:
- Our professionally made device will fit comfortably in your mouth while you sleep.
- It will exert gentle pressure to move your lower jaw slightly forward.
- This action relieves tension on your jaw joints and reduces your discomfort.
- Our patients find the device easy to get used to, and most report no problems using it.
Another benefit of our TMJ appliance is that it will help keep your teeth apart so that you don’t grind them in your sleep, which many people do without knowing it. Less teeth grinding means less potential damage to your tooth enamel, which would require restorative dentistry to repair. So, not only will your jaw feel better, but you’ll also protect your pearly whites against damage!
If you need TMJ treatment in Charlotte, you can count on Charlotte Dentistry for help. Call our team today at 704-285-0846 to schedule an appointment, or make one .