Gum disease is a serious oral problem that can sneak up on you because the signs are often too subtle to notice. That’s why it’s crucial to visit us every six months for a routine dental exam and cleaning. We’ll look for signs of gum disease and treat it as necessary. Our gum disease treatment in Charlotte can help you:
- End your gum infection and restore your oral health
- Rid your mouth of bacteria, tartar, and plaque
- Eliminate your chronic bad breath
- Prevent bleeding gums when you brush or floss
- Avoid bigger problems like tooth and bone loss
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
If your gums need help, don’t delay. Call the team at Charlotte Dentistry today at 704-285-0846 to schedule an appointment. We’re open all day each weekday for your convenience. You’ll find us at 201 Providence Road, not far from Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center.
Keep Your Gums Healthy With a Deep Cleaning
One of the most common treatments for gum disease is “deep cleaning” using scaling and root planing techniques. These two services combined will eliminate the harmful bacteria that has built up below your gumline and created pockets of infection. Left untreated, this infection could eventually cause your teeth to loosen and even fall out.
Our goal with deep cleaning is to stop gum disease long before it ever gets to that point. Here’s what we’ll do to restore your gum health:
- We’ll administer local anesthesia to make sure your procedure is completely comfortable. You can even take your choice of sedation options if you’re anxious about sitting through your procedure.
- Your dentist or hygienist will carefully clean built-up tartar, plaque, and bacteria from around and below your gumline.
- We’ll then smooth your teeth roots, which will make it more difficult for bacteria to collect there.
- We may need to repeat these steps every few months if you’re susceptible to gum disease.
Charlotte gum disease treatment will help keep your entire mouth healthy. Call Charlotte Dentistry today at 704-285-0846 to schedule an appointment, or make one .